18 January 2020.
We need to get people talking about feelings.
We need to focus attention on the importance of feelings.
Why do we have them?
Will you join us to spend a day tackling this issue and coming up with actions and ideas?
What is an Impactathon?
An Impactathon is an interactive day aiming to achieve social impact. The day will include inspiring talks from experts to set the scene and discuss key issues and the whole day will follow a hackathon type format to empower attendees to be problem solvers and adopt a social entrepreneurship mindset to their work.
It’s fun, it’s busy and it’s extremely rewarding!
Why is getting people talking about feelings important?
- Public Health England reports that more than 8 in ten people experienced indicators of poor mental health in the last 12 months
- Public Health England reports that 1 in 4 adults is inappropriately using prescription 3 medication for pain and mood
- Up to 45% of all GP visits are in the category of Medically Unexplained Symptoms (like 4 ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Burnout). Together these factors place the NHS under an enormous strain and cost individuals dearly in terms of their functional ability and quality of life
We want to find out:
- The true cost of not talking about feelings
- The benefit of talking about feelings – how does talking about feelings work?
- Share and collect people’s stories of experiences and feelings
Should I attend the Impactathon?
We need a wide variety of skills on the day. You don’t have to be working in the area of feelings or health (both physical and mental). Maybe this subject is important to you personally; you’re an enthusiast or want to make social change.
Perhaps you’re a doctor, nurse, physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, writer, thinker, strategist, journalist, researcher, illustrator, graphic designer, photographer, marketeer, therapist, personal trainer, health scientist, health economist… whatever the skills you bring, you’re very welcome!
This is about all hands on deck to take decisive action, knowing why it’s worth taking and how to then actually do it.
Can’t make the whole day from 10am-3pm? That’s not an issue – get in touch and we’ll talk with you about how we structure the day and where you can slot in and make a difference.
Join us at the Allia Future Business Centre on Saturday 18th January and make a difference! Register for the event here